Posts for tag: restorative dentistry
Thanks to modern dental technology, you don’t have to wait long to have your smile restored by a dentist. Common dental restorations include fillings, veneers, bridges, and crowns. Now thanks to same day crowns you don’t have to wait longer than an hour or so to have a tooth restored. Just see Dr. Mehr Tucker and Dr. Tammira Badakhshan in Rockville, MD, to ask about a treatment called CEREC (Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics).
Restoring Your Smile
As strong and stable as the teeth may be, sometimes they need to be restored with dental devices to keep them in good health. A crown is one of the most popular restorative treatments used by dentists. It can take a badly damaged and discolored tooth and make it look like new. Not only does the tooth improve in appearance, it also becomes stronger for chewing and resisting future damage or injury.
Same Day Crowns
The customary procedure for creating and installing a dental crown requires you to visit the dentist’s office two or three times. But when you choose same day crowns, only one appointment with your Rockville dentist is necessary. Thanks to a special machine that reads and processes images of your tooth quickly, a custom crown can be created in the office as you’re waiting. The CAD/CAM imaging software sends instructions to a dental milling machine that creates the crown in a matter of minutes.
Advantages of Same Day Restorations
With same-day crowns, you get to avoid the inconvenience of multiple dental visits. Not everyone has the luxury of taking so much time off work or leaving school for this type of treatment. Another advantage is that many CEREC restorations are very accurate and do not need much adjustment after they are created by the milling machine. The sooner you visit your dentist for same-day crowns, the sooner you will be comfortable using and showing your teeth again.
Better Smile, No Wait
If you have been hesitating to see the dentist for a crown restoration because of lack of time in your schedule, that is no longer an issue. Call (301) 963-8900 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a consultation with Dr. Tucker or Dr. Badakhshan in Rockville, MD, about same-day crowns.
Are you in need of a dental implant?
Dental implants are not just a restorative procedure that can beautify your smile, but it's vital for providing your jawbone with the necessary strength. Your dentists in Rockville, MD, Dr. Mehr Tucker and are here to help and advise you!
What's a dental implant?
If you're suffering from tooth loss, it's vital to deal with this problem as soon as possible. Tooth loss can lead to the deterioration of your jawbone without the support it needs. If you decide to get a dental implant, here's what you need to know about the process:
- A local anesthetic is applied to the area that will undergo the procedure.
- Your dentist will place a titanium post into the jawbone. The titanium post acts as the new tooth root and is biocompatible, so there is no worry of tissue rejection.
- The doctor will then surgically close the area and allow it to heal for a period of 3 to 6 months, while the process of osseointegration takes its full course.
- When you return, your Rockville, dentist will re-open the area, insert an abutment and place a crown over the abutment that matches the rest of your teeth.
What are the advantages of dental implants?
- Implants can have a high success rate, reaching 95 percent, compared to other dental restorations.
- They can last a lifetime if cared for properly.
- They don't slip out of place like dentures, which makes them comfortable and practical.
- They provide your jawbone with the support it needs so that it doesn't shrink.
- They are used to fill a single gap in your teeth, a few gaps, or all of your teeth.
- Dental implants look natural and can give you a beautiful smile.
- You won't have to worry about being able to bite into and chew your favorite foods.
If you have questions or concerns, Dr. Mehr Tucker can help you out. Call their office, located in Rockville, MD, at (301) 963-8900 or email at email@example.com today!
Want to ask your Rockville family dentist about crowns and bridges?
Do you have missing teeth? Are you worried about and are worried about replacing them with mismatched appliances? If so, then here's the solution! Just wait and hear what he has to say about the bridges and crowns he offers at his Rockville, MD, office.
Bridges are custom-made oral appliances made for each patient. They will look like your natural teeth.
Here are a few types of bridges:
- Fixed partial dentures are semi-permanent. This means your dentist will bond the bridges to already-existing teeth (natural teeth) or dental implants. The advantage of fixed partial dentures is that you can take them out and clean them on your own time.
- Fixed dental bridges are permanent. Here are some types: conventional fixed bridges, cantilever bridges, and resin-bonded bridges. Only your family dentist can take out your fixed dental bridges. The advantage of your doctor removing them as oppose to you is that the bridges get a more thorough cleaning and constant checkups to ensure your dental and oral rehabilitation is going according to plan.
According to the American College of Prosthodontists, crowns are the most common restorative procedure; crowns are meant to restore aesthetically unpleasant teeth and provide strength for weak teeth.
Crowns are used in cases such as:
- Covering chips, cracks, and discolorations found on teeth, which may be due to injuries when playing sports or poor dental hygiene, among other reasons of course.
- Covering a restorative procedure, like a root canal, protects and strengthens your teeth.
- Crowns are placed over fillings that may be dislocated, which, again, adds reinforcement to your teeth and makes biting and chewing functions easier.
If you have any questions or concerns about what you need to know, just call your Rockville, MD, doctors at (301) 963-8900 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org today!.
Have you lost a tooth but aren't sure if dental implants are the right choice for you? Dr. Mehr Tucker, your Rockville, MD dentist, explains how you can benefit from dental implants.
Dental implant replace teeth roots
Dentures and bridges only replace the visible portions of teeth, but dental implants actually replace tooth roots. Implants, which look like tiny screws, are placed in your mouth during a minor surgical procedure. They're made of titanium, a strong metal that fuses to your bone. After the bonding process is completed, your Rockville dentist adds a realistic-looking crown to the implant. In some cases, the crown can be added immediately after you receive the implant.
Root replacement offers multiple benefits
Replacing your entire tooth from the root to the crown offers these benefits:
- A Stronger Jaw: You may not realize it, but your roots keep your jawbone strong by constantly exerting pressure on it. Once you lose a tooth, the underlying area of the jawbone begins to shrink and weaken. Eventually, the problem can lead to further tooth loss and facial sagging, particularly if you've lost multiple teeth. Since dental implants replace your roots, you never have to worry about the problems caused by a receding jawbone.
- Improved Comfort: Poorly fitting dentures and bridges can irritate your gums, causing pain every time you bite into food. Your dental implant offers a stable foundation for your crown and eliminates slipping and irritation.
- Better Biting Power: Dentures reduce your biting power, which makes it difficult or impossible to chew hard foods. When you choose a dental implant, you'll be able to continue to enjoy your favorite foods.
Dental implants are versatile
Implants are a good choice whether you've lost one tooth or all of them. They can even be used to support upper or lower dentures. In fact, an entire denture can be supported with just two to four dental implants.
Dental implants offer an excellent way to restore your smile. Call Dr. Tucker, your Rockville, MD dentist, at (301) 963-8900 to schedule an appointment to find out if you can benefit from implants. Don't let tooth loss ruin your smile. Take advantage of the many benefits of dental implants!