When your days are jam-packed, it's not always easy to find time to squeeze in one dental appointment, let alone two. This can really complicate dental procedures such as crown replacement. However, thanks to innovative CAD/CAM technology, you can now receive a dental crown in just one visit! Rockville, MD, dentist Dr. Mehr Tucker offers same-day crown appointments that help you stick to your schedule.
What advantages do same-day crowns offer?
In addition to reducing the amount of time you spend in your Rockville dentist's office, same-day crowns offer these benefits:
- The Latest Technology: Do you find impressions made with wet digital putty uncomfortable? You're not alone. Luckily, impressions for same-day crowns are made using digital scans. Once the scan is sent to the computer, your dentist uses CAD/CAM software to design your restoration.
- No More Middleman: If you received a crown in the past, you probably waited two weeks or longer to receive your final restoration. This slowdown occurs because impressions must be sent to a busy dental laboratory that makes crowns for a number of different dental practices. In contrast, same-day crown technology allows for your crown to be fabricated on the spot. An in-office milling machine fashions your restoration out of a block of ceramic or porcelain in about an hour.
- Elimination of Temporary Crowns: Temporary crowns were an important part of the crown process in the past. After your teeth were filed in preparation for your restoration, your dentist would fit you with a temporary crown. For the next two weeks, you would have to avoid hard or sticky foods to prevent dislodging or breaking of the crown. Luckily, same-day crowns have eliminated the need for this step. Now, your tooth will simply be reduced in size and fitted with a new crown during the same appointment.
- No Long Waits to Correct Problems: Problems don't happen often, but when they do, you won't have to wait an additional two weeks to receive a crown. In fact, your dentist can make a few tweaks to the software and produce a new crown right away.
- An Effective Alternative to Traditional Crowns: Same-day crowns are just as effective and durable as porcelain crowns, making them an excellent choice for all teeth.
Same-day crowns offer convenience without sacrificing quality or durability. Call Rockville, MD, dentist Dr. Mehr Tucker at (301) 963-8900 to schedule an appointment!